Saturday, July 30, 2011

Triathlon Team

My friends Susie and Carolynn and I took part in the YMCA sprint triathlon today.  Carolynn was our swimmer.  We were very excited to have her because she was a distance swimmer at BYU.  She was the first one out of the pool.  It was awesome!!  Then Susie was our biker.  She did 13 miles on her bike and did a fantastic job also.  She tagged with me and I ran 3 miles.  It was a ton of fun to be a part of a team.  We are now looking to see what other kinds of runs we could train for.  I think that we might try the sprint next year individually, but Susie and I would both have to learn how to swim, and train very differently than we have in the past.  But to have a race to train for has been very motivating in our daily workout, because we sure didn't want to look bad.  Carolynn's and Susie's husbands also did the full race individually and they did a great job.  I think that Layne will defiantly do it next year.  It was a great morning.  Pictures to come when I get them from Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment