Friday, January 22, 2010

Coop's Cookin

Cooper decided the other day that he wanted to make lunch. He kept going into the pantry and taking out more and more things. He really wanted to put all of this together and make it for lunch. I tried several times to help him understand that all of the things that he had picked wouldn't taste very good together, but he was very instant that it would be great. I tried to explain why we use recipes, but he would have none of that. We finally put everything in groups of what you would use together, but still to my dismay he wanted it all. It wasn't until we talked about how Hotwheels race tracks and Legos don't go together, that it clicked for him.
He still wanted to make his own lunch, so we settled with flour, water and lots of seasonings. I tried to help him understand that it probably wouldn't taste very good, but he was certain that it would be great!! He mixed it all together and then informed me that we needed to bake it in the oven. So we put his lunch in a bread pan and baked it right up. He was so excited to have made his own lunch. We got it out of the oven and onto a plate,and he waited with great anticipation for his first bite. I thought I was going to die laughing when he took that first bite and said YUCK!! this is nasty. We then talked a little bit more about recipes and foods that go good together and he definitely agreed that somethings are good together and somethings are not.
He sure is my youngest, because with any of my other kids, we wouldn't have even made it to taking things out of the pantry.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Cooper!! Don't give up buddy!!! Sometimes I don't like my cooking either! Tried a new sweet & sour chicken recipe the other night, it was bad. We gave our food to the dogs and ate cold cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we all have given our food to the dog at some point!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!!!! How are you! Your family is so grown up!!!!!!!!! You look great and so does your homemade bread!!!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete