Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lucy the Milk Cow

Layne has been wanting a milk cow for a long time. I'm sure since he stopped milking 15 years ago. He finally saved up his pennys and got the barn finished enough that on Halloween, he was able to go and pick up a Brown Swiss. Since
October we have waited very patiantly for Lucy, (short for Lucifer because she was not the loving gentle cow that Layne was wanting, but she is better now) to calf. She finally did on Monday and Layne started milking her on Tuesday. It is still colostrum, but he was still so excited to have everything working in the barn. I must really love my husband, because I realized the other day that he will be gone 6 weekends in the next 2 months, not counting this summer when he is gone ALL SUMMER LONG!! I just have to say the it is a good thing that I have milked cows before.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love the name Lucy!! Especially that it's a nickname!!!!! Does the calf have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!!! welcome to 1.) the blogging world & 2.) the milk cow world( our milk cow is named Abby!) ---except I think Abby stinks and I won't touch her. Spoiled rotten I know. I birthed 5 stinkin children. They get to milk Abby when Kim is gone!

    ReplyDelete