Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Very Important Information

I wanted to share some information that I just learned the past two days. First is that once your drivers licence has expired you only have 90 days to renew it, not 5 months. Second, your licence is then no longer valid, neither is the driving or written test you took when you were 16. Third you have to pay $40 to retake the tests and sit in the DMV for half your day to try to accomplish the task of taking just the written test, which has questions on it that require much thinking and consideration, because who really knows how far your headlights are supposed shine?? 350' on high beam and 100 or 200' on low beam. Really-you just turn them on and they work great. It then becomes lunch time, so you are given a Learners Permit and told to come back tomorrow for the driving test. You are also told that you should have a licenced driver with you at all times.
Another important piece of information is that when you register you vehicle, it is smart to put the little sticker on your licence plate when you get it. When you take in your proof of registration and insurance to the DMV lady she will inform you that it should have been on your vehicle last October, not this October when it expires. Another piece of info is to have a nice DMV lady(which seldom happens) remind you durring your driving test that you should drive with 2 hands on the wheel, not 1 like you have done since you completed you last drivers test almost 20 years ago. The final thing that you need to know from this experience is that you can renew you licence 6 months BEFORE it expires.

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing with you, not at you! It's good to learn something new everyday! Sounds like you crammed a whole lot of learning into a very short period of time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of new knowledge you gained today. Ouch!! Hope you could smile during it because your sharing of it made me smile.
    Our new laws require an official birth certificate (the one I have, not official. The one I got when I was born, apparently a fake) and a Social Security card. (the one with my maiden name doesn't count) I'd better get on that so I can skip the learning curve!
    Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was crazy & funny all at the same time!!It sure helped that the lady was nice. She really could have made my life miserable. It was a good reminder that we really do affect other peoples lives for the better or for the worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss you - and can I just say after catching up on your older posts - your kids are down right amazing. Tylissa would be so jealous of the animals. If you ever want to come north a smige for a visit I would sure love to see you!

    ReplyDelete