Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Project

When we built our house 8 years ago i never finished the bar like i wanted to. I also never put in good supports for the raised counter top, so for the past couple of year the counter top has been breaking off. Layne and I each took an end and pushed down on it and it came right off. So after 3 hours of scraping sub floor glue off the top of the wall and off the back of the counter we were ready to re due the bar. I have wanted the bead board for a long time, so we put that on the wall. I wanted the groves to look darker than the rest, so I took a darker stain and did each grove and then a natural stain on top. It gave it just enough to see the groves a little better. I was very excited and I'm sure that this detailed account is very very exciting for you also :) It sure changed the look of the house!! Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Wendy! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look, but then that's probably because we have bead board under our bar and pine trim below. May I say you have amazing taste! *S* Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mellonee- I was wondering if i could get that special invite to read your blog. I kept wondering why you haven't posted all last month. I just figured out why :)

    ReplyDelete