Friday, August 20, 2010

dirt city

Layne got a little crazy with the excavator a couple of weeks ago. We had the underground power line short out that goes to our well, so we had to dig a new line in. Layne went to rent a trencher, but it was broken down so they gave him an excavator for the same price. Big mistake on their part. We had it for two full days of fun, fun, fun. Now we have weeks of work, work, work :)
New terracing in the back
Trench for the new power line

This is the beginnings of the root cellar- should be good!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm entertained by the idea of a root cellar. It's so Little House on the Prairie. I often wish I had one until I remember our storage growing up, under the house, root cellar style, I'm a pansy these days. Can I virtually share yours? Excited to see the updates of your yard and cellar. Lots of work but so fun!

    ReplyDelete